A Typical Day
The daily routines are overseen by boarding matrons, who take into account the girls’ individual needs.
Each girl learns to treat others with respect. Bed-time routines are tailored to the age of the students.
The shape of the day varies depending on the academic and extra-curricular options a girl takes; a typical day looks like this for a Senior School Boarder.
The timings may be slightly different for Junior School boarders:
- 7 am: The day begins when pupils are called by their House Matron
- Wake up, get ready for school.
- 7.40am: Breakfast is served in a communal dining room
- 8.40am: School Assembly
- 9 am: Classes start
- 11 am: Morning break and snack in the dining room
- 1.15pm: Lunch is served in the dining room
- 4 pm: Classes end
- 4 pm – 6 pm: Extra- curricular activities and free time (sports, music, activities)
- After lessons, girls have three options, either go back to the House to relax with friends until Supper, begin their Prep, or take part in an extra-curricular activity.
- 6 pm: Supper
- 6.30pm – 8 pm: Prep, in study bedrooms for Innismore House girls and in Palmer Hall for Hillcourt House girls. Boarders can attend homework support.
- 8 pm – 8.30pm: Break and snack in the kitchen.
- 8.30pm – 10pm: Prep resumes
- 9.30 pm: 1st Years Lights Out.
- 10.00pm pm: 2nd Years Lights Out.
- 10.15pm: 3rd Years Lights out.
- 10.30pm: 4th Years Lights Out
- 11 pm: Lights Out Innismore House