The Leaving Certificate examination is held at the end of the Senior Cycle in post-primary schools.
The Senior Cycle caters for students in the 16 to 18-year-old age group.
We offer 21 academic subjects at Leaving Certificate level.
Students can take up to eight subjects and the results of the best six subjects are considered:
The Core Curriculum is as follows:
- Irish (unless an exemption is held)
Up to five additional subjects are taken from the following list:
- Agricultural Science
- Applied Maths
- Classical Studies
- Design & Communication Graphics (DCG)
- Home Economics (Social & Scientific)
The following non-exam subjects are also included in the curriculum:
- Career Guidance
- Physical Education
- Social & Personal & Health Education
- Religious Education
- RSE (Relationships & Sexuality Education)
Click here for Book List information